Food Box Delivery #3
Wednesday was our third Food Box delivery. Along with the weather, the locally-grown produce scene has really been heating up! Tomatoes, sweet corn and lots of other summer vegetables are ripe and ready for you to enjoy. All the produce in this box was grown between 4 and 50 miles away. It came from 5 different producers in 4 different counties, which you can check out below.
Check out what we had this week!
Produce Share #3:
- Radish Microgreens Tenco Hydroponic Greenhouse in Ottumwa
- Basil Rolling Prairie Acres in Sigourney
- Green Beans Rolling Prairie Acres in Sigourney
- Garlic Rolling Prairie Acres in Sigourney
- Beets Ukrainian Garden in America in Eddyville
- New Potatoes Ukrainian Garden in America in Eddyville
- Rainbow Chard Blue Point Produce in Richland
- Sweet Corn Country Roads Produce in Moravia
- Green Peppers Country Roads Produce in Moravia
- Tomatoes Country Roads Produce in Moravia
For those of you who bought a share, we hope you enjoyed your veggies. For those of you who missed out, you can always sign up for future deliveries through our online registration form. Register by July 19th to participate in our next delivery on Wednesday, July 25th. As the weather cooperates, there will be more and more veggies (and possibly fruits!) available. For more information, visit our home page or send us a message on the Contact Us page.
If you joined us this week for a Food Box, let us know what you thought about your veggies! We would love to hear your comments about the produce, packaging, delivery, communication, or any concerns. Send us a message on our facebook page or through the Contact Us page on this website.